Thursday 30 April 2015

Meeting with the regional construction manager

On the 28th we met on site with both the site supervisor and the regional construction manager to discuss the ongoing rectification of the issues highlighted during the lockup inspection.

The front brickwork has been partially replaced. The section of the master bedroom still remains unbricked. The replacement of the side window lintel and rebricking has not happened due to the new lintel apparently being stolen before it could be installed - Not sure why it wasn't locked inside the house?

The clearing the excess mortar out of the wall cavities is the issue that concerns us most. As they said they would, they are cutting each section of sisalation and removing excess mortar before supposedly using an industrial vaccum to remove excess dust and lumps of mortar. On my quick look round however, I soon pointed out the poor job they were doing and was able to remove fist sized pieces of mortar from within the DPC and point out an excess of mortar dust in the DPC that appeared to be clogging up the weep holes.




I have to admit to being a little surprised to some of the answers I got during this meeting, especially with regards to their own inspection process. When asked why so many major errors were missed by their own inspector, I was informed that their inspector doesn't start looking at the house until the lockup stage has completed. I find this very difficult to believe and if this is the case then it makes me wonder if they even have an inspector looking at the house as they know I'll be bringing in an independent inspector regardless. With regards to the lumps of mortar and excess dust I found in the DPC after being told the job had been done and cleared away, there was no excuse for this what so ever and just confirms my suspicions that things still aren't being done properly. Things are heading in the right direction with the new site supervisor, but I still think there's more that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment