Sunday 26 July 2015

More Brickwork

Finally got up to site today to see how the replacement brickwork is coming on. Was also lucky enough to time it between downpours so I could get out the car and have a walk round without getting drenched.

I'm very happy with the quality of the work and none of the problems that we had previously with excess mortar in the wall cavity and empty perpends could be seen anywhere I checked;









The only issue that I have is that the new batch of bricks is visibly different from the last and with the external garage wall remaining from the previous batch of bricks, there is a very noticeable difference between the two batches - especially where they join;

Old bricks on the left (no black marks), new bricks on the right (black marks)

I've already raised this issue with the site supervisor (who has been fantastic so far), so will have to wait and see if anything can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment