Friday 12 June 2015

Resolution!

After having issues with both the sisalation and the brickwork for the last few months and not getting anywhere, I engaged Porter Davis' group building manager earlier in the week and provided him with all the evidence that I had researched that showed the house was not up to standard - see previous posts.

I got a phone call from him earlier this afternoon to inform me that he had attended the build yesterday afternoon and had taken photos of the problems and would have a look at them and give me an update some time next week.

Within about 10mins I got a call from the regional construction manager to inform me that all brickwork and sisalation would be coming down and would be redone from scratch :)

It's going to be a lot of work as the house is now fully bricked and the garage construction has already started;


It's also going to mean additional delays, but we're very happy knowing that it'll now be done properly and that we'll not be forced to accept a house that isn't up to standard.

Let's hope they don't mess it up a second time.

My guess is that we'll have to live with the network cables being in the wrong place as this is due to the window above where we originally wanted it, but I can live with that. The bricks and sisalation being correct were our main concern. Also with the bricks being redone, hopefully it'll mean that the flashing on the front of the house is rectified also.

No comments:

Post a Comment